Infection Prevention Portfolio Manager – Personal Care
Diversey, Inc. is a global leader in sustainable, high-performance hygiene and cleaning solutions, operating in two distinct verticals: Professional, which specializes in floor care machines, cleaning tools & utensils, chemicals, and digitally enabled systems; and, Food & Beverage, which specializes in solutions that integrate chemicals, design engineering, remote data monitoring, and predictive analytics to help optimize food safety, and water and energy conservation.
Diversey is the only player in the hygiene and cleaning industry that integrates machines, chemistry, and digital analytics into solutions that deliver productivity improvement, risk management and sustainability. Since 2012, Diversey has executed significant organizational / operational cost structure realignment, transforming the business and positioning it for substantial growth and profitability improvement. The company is also pioneering digital innovation in the hygiene and cleaning industry, transforming the industry with the Internet of
Clean™, robotics, sustainability innovations, and knowledge-based services (a space that is expected to see double-digit growth over the next five years).
Diversey employs approximately 9,000 people globally. In 2017, parent company Sealed Air Corporation sold Diversey to Bain Capital Private Equity for approximately $3.2 billion.
ABOUT BAIN CAPITAL
Bain Capital is one of the world’s foremost private investment firms, with approximately $85 billion under management across several asset classes including private equity, venture capital, public equity, credit and
real estate. Founded in 1984, Bain Capital’s more than 400 professionals are collectively the single largest investor in all of its funds.
Our brand values are what we stand for and believe in, they act as our guiding principles and set the standard
for how our brand should behave in the world.
- We believe in being courageously caring. We care about our people, our partnerships, our customers, our planet and the promises we make. Care is embedded in everything we do and everything we believe.
- We believe in being disciplined entrepreneurs. We’re tireless in our pursuit of the new and next idea. Our never-ending spirit and continued determination is what drives us to be better than we were the day before.
- We meet challenges head on, we raise the bar every day, and we win.
- We believe in making decisive decisions. We hold ourselves to high standards which means we have to make tough decisions. We don’t take these decisions lightly, but we’re prepared to make these choices for the good of our business and the good of our people.
Reporting to the Executive Marketing Director, Infection Prevention, this role works closely across the entire North American Infection Prevention platform for all sectors. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for all product marketing needs of the personal care portfolio, creating a value proposition for each sector. This includes: portfolio rationalization and optimization; product improvement and development, dispensing platforms and compliance; P&L of assigned portfolio; and downstream marketing to support sales efforts. This role supports a growing portfolio of infection prevention products and supports a number of market segments.
Integral to the success of this role is the ability to build and maintain relationships across functions, teams and seniority levels – both with internal and external stakeholders.
The Portfolio Manager, Personal Care will partner with internal stakeholders like R&D, Supply Chain and Finance to optimize the product portfolio. Additionally, this position will interface with the Business Units’ Sales and Marketing professionals to drive product sales and determine strategic direction of the portfolio.
Externally, this position will partner with professional organizations, engage contract manufacturers, product development and market research agencies to build an innovative portfolio for today’s and tomorrow’s business.
- Partner with sector and portfolio teams to develop an successful value proposition and product line marketing strategy for Diversey for personal care
- Key business development opportunities in each sector
- Update all online resources for internal and external stakeholders and markets, to ensure our product messaging is clear and concise.
- Responsible for product portfolio and marketing leadership and execution of strategic goals for the Infection Prevention portfolio
- Manage the portfolio by developing world-class innovation launches that drive significant growth and profitability
- Contribute to Platform and Portfolio Product Strategies and Roadmaps
- Analyze portfolio performance along key metrics, draw implications and develop recommendations based on key market trends
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Healthcare and Infection Prevention market & competitive position, report back on competitive moves and unmet customer needs
- Build product strategy that moves Diversey’s North America Infection Prevention portfolio forward by expanding current product mix and growing into adjacent product portfolios.
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams to manage projects and provide support to product line activities. Relationships include but are not limited to R&D chemists, engineers, value chain, finance and regulatory
- Manage product line maintenance and simplification initiatives. Work with Platform and R&D teams to vet, prioritize and execute regional range maintenance needs
- Able to manage multiple, complex development projects while supporting the needs of existing product portfolio
- Support sales and sector marketing in the development of portfolio-specific customer proposals, sales presentations and key customer program implementations
- Achievement of Growth Objectives
- Market needs analysis each sector
- Regulatory analysis on products, packaging and offering
- Value proposition development by sub-sector
- Tools and reasons to believe
- Go to market planning and execution
- Portfolio alignment and offering
- Online commerce planning and execution
- Outreach and building of targets with communication strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or sufficient related work experience
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing, building websites and analytics
- 3+ years experience in market research and planning
- Requires strong communication and presentation skills, financial acumen, project management and leadership skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams to balance solutions in accordance with budget, schedule and tools
- Professional and effective facilitation skills – Should be able to facilitate group discussions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment – Should be able to multi-task with proven follow-through and adherence to changing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail – Should be able to complete accurate data entry and develop accurate written materials
- Strong market research and planning with successful execution and measurement
- Collaborative team player – Should be able to establish solid working relationships with stakeholders
- Professional communication skills – Should be able to communicate with peers, customers and vendors both via verbal and written communication
- Technical Communication Skills – Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, findings & recommendations to leadership
- Ability to influence customer behavior using new ways of thinking, change habits, increase awareness, engagement, trial and acceptance
Executive Director of Marketing Infection Prevention
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.