Coroplast Tape Corporation
Position Summary: Perform inspections, checks, tests, and sampling procedures of incoming materials, parts and components used in the manufacture of adhesive tapes. Perform review of product History Records for release of finished goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform inspections of purchased parts, sub-assemblies or finished company products according to well defined criteria using standard physical, mechanical and/ or electrical measurements.
• Rework or reject sub-assemblies or finished products as required.
• Conduct and document process and system audits using written procedures as audit standards.
• Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing.
• Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
• Participate in calibration of all test equipment and fixtures
• Monitor critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
• Participate in the construction and/or revision of SOPs for the inspection function.
• Assist in the writing and updating inspection procedures, protocol and checklists.
• Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to supervision.
• Work with Production management and Quality Assurance to provide feedback to assemblers regarding accuracy of assembly procedures.
• Perform review of Product History Records and other documentation for compliance to established procedures and Good Documentation Practices
• Participate in Kaizen and 5S activities in Team
• Participate in internal ISO14001 Environmental and IATF16949 Quality System audits.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Meets
Planning & Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses
time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving -Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner.
Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of
team above own interests.
Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills
up to date.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent. Must have good English written and verbal communication skills.
2+ years of Quality experience preferred. A working knowledge of measurement instruments.
Read and interpret documents such as schematics, drawings, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
decimals and metric system.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
Basic computer skills required. General proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee
must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, carry up to 25 pounds, push and pull
occasionally up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision,
Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.