Coroplast Tape Corporation
Position Summary: The Process/Quality Engineer (PQE) plans and evaluates process conformance and performs quality audits for various processes and activities in support of Coroplast Quality Management System. The PQE is responsible for identifying gaging methods, frequencies and reactions plans of both internal and external quality functions and processes. Additional responsibilities include root cause analysis of internal and external escapes, process and productivity improvements, review of purchased product, issuing and reviewing corrective action requests of suppliers and corrective action submissions to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be the other Reasonable may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and provide product quality plans, PPAPs to customers
- Demonstrated ability to proactively drive change and continuous process improvement, with non-conformance processing including root cause analysis and corrective action development
- Participate in R&D product trials to assure manufacturability and effective control of product quality
- Collect and analyze process data and product performance history to identify chronic defects and correct problems for trends leading to opportunities for improvement projects and cost reduction.
- Experience developing quality standards, methods, work instructions, and procedures for the inspection of manufactured products
- Organize and lead Improvement Projects to refine process control, correct process problems, and provide effective measurement of process changes.
- Develop and conduct training for quality functions, process control, gaging techniques, inspection methods, standards, problem solving, special process operator skills, and related topics to support organizational training goals
- Design statistical sampling process and review finish products and perform audit on the same
- Experience flowing quality requirements to suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, and working with suppliers to ensure supplier quality performance
- Conduct audits to assure process control, adequacy of procedures, and effectiveness of the quality system to identify opportunities for improvement
- Monitor and accurately track Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) to assist in identifying opportunities for improvement and cost reduction
- Assist in maintenance of IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 certifications
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Displays difficult situations. Meets commitments.
Planning & Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving -Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations.
– responsibilities. spirit. Exhibits Puts interests.
Use Technology to technologies. skills. skills up to date.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Work environment hands and prototype preparation, process and product start up from lab to production. Product trouble shooting, process optimization, and statistical evaluation to determine long term capability of new products.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or higher. Must have good English written and verbal communication skills. 5+ years of Quality experience with a strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of Quality preferred. Working knowledge of Automotive Core Tools, IATF 16949 (or TS 16949), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 experience a plus. New product development experience a plus.
Read and interpret documents such as schematics, drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports.
Add, subtract, using common fractions, decimals and metric system.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, form.
Basic computer skills required. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Active ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) certification
Lean / Six Sigma and Green or Black Belt Certification a plus.
Willingness to travel to Germany and to customer and supplier locations as necessary.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. individuals to functions.
While the is to precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, carry up to 25 pounds, push and pull occasionally up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.