Coroplast Tape Corporation
Position Summary: Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, senior accountants perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information. • Maintain accurate accounts payable and accounts receivable system • Produces accounts payable and accounts receivable reports
- Periodic analysis and reporting of amounts in the Trial Balance, material movements, inventory variances and other controlling information while identifying trends and recommending actions thereon
- Maintains and balances general ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Analyzes expense by general ledger account to verify accuracy of postings.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assists with the completion of quarterly and year-end inventory audits
- Complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Assists in completing internal and external audits by analyzing general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist in the development and organization or Coroplast accounting procedures
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Assist with compilation of information for tax purposes and incentive programs
- Complete month-end/year-end close processes
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Adaptability – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications – Exhibits excellent listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or relevant field; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and mastery of Spreadsheet software (Excel); Accounting software; SAP Accounting Software Required ; Inventory Software,
Internet software and other Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.