Comporium is a diversified communications company providing a Quintuple Play of five services — voice, video, data, wireless and security — at the retail level; as well as, providing security monitoring and media services for its industry customers. Under this concept, the Comporium Group is uniquely positioned to offer customers a one-stop-shopping for all their communications needs.
Maintain and modify the Geographic Information System (GIS) database. Read and interpret outside plant job orders / projects and accurately post records into Smallworld. Job Orders and Projects include copper, coax and fiber facilities, as well as electronics. Manipulate GIS database to accurately reflect facilities in the field. Respond to routine mapping requests.
- Operate the computer workstation using GIS software to draft, update, maintain, and organize plant records as new data (copper, coax and fiber) is received relative to new subdivisions, developments, and capital improvement projects. Accurately drafting in GE Smallworld from a printed diagram is a must.
- Read and interpret Outside Plant “as-built” drawings and enter required data into the GIS. Accurately enter as-built information into GE Smallworld using existing aerial photography (e.g., Google Maps) and/or GPS coordinates for accurate OSP facility placement.
- Conduct research on historical projects to ensure accurate data capture. Ability to identify deficiencies in records and accurately update GE Smallworld to properly reflect “as built”.
- Produce maps – Operate wide format plotter for cartographic output.
- Perform other related project work as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent course work at a tech school in GIS or telecommunications. Experience may be substituted for required education at a ratio of 2 years of experience for 1 year of education, plus a High School Diploma.
- Two years experience working with GIS (ESRI or GE Smallworld) preferred.
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks; ability to read and interpret maps.
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Contractor