Broadband Facilities Technician
Comporium is a diversified communications company providing a Quintuple Play of five services — voice, video, data, wireless and security — at the retail level; as well as, providing security monitoring and directory publishing for its industry customers. Under this concept, the Comporium Group is uniquely positioned to offer customers a one-stop-shopping for all their communications needs.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of OSP aerial and buried plant facilities, consisting of copper and coaxial cable and related electronics utilized to provide Cable TV, Internet, Telephone and Data services to Enterprise customers. This position also requires support of other Enterprise work groups or affiliates on a daily basis.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all cable splicing, testing, troubleshooting and repair functions required to build and maintain the copper and coaxial networks to required technical standards and performance metrics. Aggressively identify and repair non-planned service outages. Ensure Comporium’s reputation for reliable and high performance telecommunications is maintained.
- Maintain OSP facilities to achieve all network reliability performance standards. Plan and minimize service affecting outages for maintenance or network upgrades.
- Possess and maintain certification in SCTE – BPI, BPT, BDS and Technical Training Cable TV and Copper Splicing modules. Must complete within one year.
- Display proficiency in the use of all test equipment and related software.
- Through expert knowledge and superior preventative maintenance activities, maintain all equipment to minimize downtime and extend the serviceable life of all equipment.
- Locate underground cables when necessary using electronic locating equipment.
- Deliver superior customer service to all internal and external customers. Achieve all Enterprise Customer Service Goals.
- Perform all work in a manner that minimizes risk and prevents personal injuries and accidents.
- Perform all aspects of responsibilities associated with a Broadband Facilities Technician Level 1.
- High School/GED Equivalent and equivalent work experience required. 2 year degree a plus.
- 2 years related experience in a technical field, prefer Electronic, Telco or Cable TV Industry. Strong ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Exceptional work ethic with strong technical, organizational and communication skills. Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively use all related software systems associated with monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting the network.
- DOT driver license required. SCTE BPI, BPT, BDS, Technical Training Cable TV/Moxi and copper splicing modules, Coaxial splicing module, and locating module. Must obtain BPI within 8 months, BPT within 16 months and BDS within 24 months of job placement.
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Contractor