City of Rock Hill
WATER PLANT OPERATOR II – UTILITIES – WATER FILTRATION (JOB NO. 12518)
|Position: WATER PLANT OPERATOR II – UTILITIES – WATER FILTRATION (JOB NO. 12518)|
|Salary: $42,473-$46,720 Per Year|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
A high school diploma, supplemented by at least five years of experience in conventional water treatment. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. An “A” level certification in water treatment is preferred; a “B” level certificate in water treatment is required.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the process involved in the pumping and purification of water, including chemical tests and microbiological testing.• Knowledge of the functions and servicing requirements of mechanical equipment and machinery.• Knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to water treatment.• Ability to inspect machinery and mechanical equipment and to detect flaws and defects in operation.• Ability to understand and follow oral and written communications.
• Ability to read meters and charts accurately and to maintain records of shift operators.
• Ability to work well independently as well as with others.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations, including control and maintenance of a 36-million gallons per day (MGD) surface water treatment facility.• Monitors and operates plant’s SCADA system, controlling pressure and flow of water in the distribution system.• Operates pumps and machinery, regulating valves and observing the flow dials.• Keep daily log of all shift operations; reads gauges and records information.• Conducts laboratory tests and analysis, adds chemicals to water system in accordance with prescribed standards.
• Makes visual inspections of working apparatus and grounds.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
NOTE: 12-HOUR SHIFTS (6:00 P.M. – 6:00 A.M.) – 7 DAYS ON AND 7 DAYS OFF.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.