City of Rock Hill
REFUSE TRUCK OPERATOR III – PUBLIC WORKS – COMMERCIAL DIVISION (JOB NO. 14118)
|Position: REFUSE TRUCK OPERATOR III – PUBLIC WORKS – COMMERCIAL DIVISION (JOB NO. 14118)|
|Salary: $19.45 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
High school graduate or GED equivalent and some experience in the operation of medium-size trucks. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
A valid Commercial Driver’s License is required.
Hours: 5 days per week, 3am – 11:30 am
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations governing equipment operation.
• Knowledge of the principles of operation of large trucks.
• Ability to supervise the work of co-workers and to instruct them in rules and procedures.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Operates commercial solid waste collection truck in the collection of garbage on assigned routes as scheduled.
• Directs the work of an assigned crew.
• Assures that truck is equipped, cleaned, and serviced; performs minor maintenance and reports repair needs to supervisor or to the garage.
• Reports violations of refuse collection regulations to supervisor; assists in assigning personnel, investigating complaints, training, and spot checking crews.
• Gets out of the truck to move bins that are blocked, too far from the road, to leave a violation notice, take a picture of a violation, load bulky items into a rear loading truck, rake leaves, pickup loose trash, or empty recycling bins.
• Performs medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing and raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 to 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.