City of Rock Hill
POLICE OFFICER I – POLICE – (JOB NO. 7615)
|Position: POLICE OFFICER I – POLICE – (JOB NO. 7615)|
|Salary: Starting salary $40,447 Per Year|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from a standard high school, supplemented by courses in criminal justice, sociology or a related field, and some experience in work providing familiarity with basic law enforcement functions. Active involvement in community, civic, or youth activities helpful. The equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience may be considered. Minimum age is 21.A valid driver’s license is required.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.• Ability to work with diverse neighborhoods in the proactive identification of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and to determine proper course of action.
• Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others.
• Ability to react quickly and calmly under emergency conditions.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to write and speak effectively.
• Ability to develop skill in the use and care of firearms.
• Ability to meet such specific physical requirements as may be established by competent authority.
• Patrols a designated area of the City to prevent and discover crime; enforces traffic and parking regulations; answers calls and complaints, taking necessary police action; administers first aid; operates radar equipment in speed checks; serves warrants.• Conducts preliminary investigations; gathers evidence, locates witnesses, and makes arrests; appears in court to present evidence and testify against persons accused of crimes.
• Receives and processes arrested persons; books prisoners and completes related forms.
• Patrols school zones and high activity areas; directs traffic; checks for parking violations; investigates accidents; recovers stolen automobiles.
• Provides information to public on laws and ordinances.
• Performs administrative duties; answers telephone calls and greets visitors; prepares reports and records.
• Performs duties relating to fraudulent checks.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Actual starting salary commensurate with experience.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.