City of Rock Hill
Position: Operations Administrator
Salary: $89,939 – $130,166 / DOQ
Position Type: Full Time
Close Date: Until Filled
The purpose of this class within the organization is to supervise and direct the functions and projects of multiple divisions, ensuring division compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and standards.
Incumbent is primarily responsible for managing the operations administration, billing, and key accounts teams and to support the Deputy City Manager in the execution of the City’s goals and response to customer needs/requests. Additional responsibilities include oversight of special projects at the request of the Deputy City Manager including process improvement needs, ADA transition plan, ordinance and policy modifications.
Minimum Training & Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or related field.
Requires six years in project management, financial analysis or closely related experience.
Successful demonstration of leading teams for a minimum of three years in a dynamic environment.
The equivalent combination of work experience and education may be considered.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of city, municipalities and/or local government operations.
- Knowledge of billing, accounts receivables and financial methodologies.
- Extensive skill in negotiations, risk mitigation, problem solving and strategic planning.
- Skill in supervising staff performing a wide-range of functions.
- Ability to research, analyze, and systematically compile technical and statistical information and to prepare complex reports.
- Ability to present oral and written opinions, comments, administrative documents, and reports clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees, directs and manages the Operations Administration teams, which includes Utility Billing, Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) and Key Accounts.
- Coordinates efforts to improve the customer experience by planning, directing and executing efforts to evaluate processes; consider directives and implements processes in Customer Service, Billing and AMI Divisions.
- Accurately and efficiently collects and processes all City funds and utility accounts receivable.
- Coordinates intergovernmental communications between City departments and other government agencies to ensure compliance or that the needs of all affected parties are being met.
- Coordinates efforts to successfully communicate with Council and citizens as needed by the Deputy City Manager on City-wide and individual needs.
- Manages the American’s with Disabilities (ADA) transition plan.
- Resolves conflicts and problems that arise.
- Reviews the work of subordinates and/or other staff members for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
- Plans, prepares and manages division budget; reviews and approves invoices for payment; assists in planning, preparation and management of the department budget; assists with preparation of departmental presentations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned to meet organizational needs.
This Notice is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. A more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities and essential job functions is available on the job description. The City of Rock Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), or age.