City of Rock Hill
Salary: $15.24 PER HOUR
Position Type: Full Time
Close Date: Until Filled
Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, supplemented by college-level courses in public relations, communications, or a related field. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Three to five years of responsible administrative work experience with extensive and varied public contact is required. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of English, spelling, arithmetic, and vocabulary.
• Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including desktop publishing.
• Some knowledge and experience with the basic procedures of the Municipal Court is preferred.
• Ability to obtain NCIC certification within one year.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
• Ability to accurately receipt monies collected.
• Ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management details without referral to a supervisor.
• Ability to use independent judgment in performing routine and non-routine tasks.
• Ability to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
• Ability to maintain office records and to prepare accurate reports.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions
• Receives incoming calls on a four-line phone; assists customers or routes calls to other staff members.
• First contact with general public, assisting with their requests or contacts proper staff.
• Collects payments for Municipal Court and prepares daily deposit.
• Provides administrative support for court sessions.
• Performs data entry of all new cases coming before the court.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational.
This Notice is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. A more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities and essential job functions is available on the job description.