City of Rock Hill
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III – UTILITIES – ELECTRIC (JOB NO. 15018)
|Position: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III – UTILITIES – ELECTRIC (JOB NO. 15018)|
|Pay Grade: 110 Salary: $18.52 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
High school graduation, or GED equivalent supplemented by courses in electricity or two years of experience in skilled electrical work in an electric utility system. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.A valid Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 6-months is required.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the standard electric utility practices, methods, tools, and materials used in electric distribution construction and maintenance work.• Knowledge of the hazards of the trade and of appropriate precautionary measures.• Knowledge of the municipal electrical code provisions.• Knowledge of electric meters and ability to test through the use of volt meters, ammeters, and other testing devices.
• Skilled in the use and care of tools, materials, and equipment as it pertains to the electrical trade.
• Skilled proficiency in a windows-based computer operating systems environment.
• Ability to detect flaws or defects in the electrical control systems and equipment, and to make necessary repairs.
• Ability to design, interpret and diagnose control circuit schematics and implementations.
• Ability to work from diagrams and blueprints, and to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Makes miscellaneous repairs and/or adjustments to electronic and electrical equipment in substations.• Operates maintenance equipment, trenchers, bucket trucks, and concrete saws.• Operates, maintains, and installs equipment in electrical substations and on the electrical distribution system.• Makes repairs to traffic signals, load control receivers, metering, and electrical substations.
• Makes repairs to and exercises generators.
• Maintains stock on utility truck; cleans and makes minor repairs on equipment and tools; prepares job reports.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.