City of Rock Hill
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II – UTILITIES – WATER & SEWER – PLANT MAINTENANCE (JOB NO. 171920)
|Position: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II – UTILITIES – WATER & SEWER – PLANT MAINTENANCE (JOB NO. 171920)|
|Pay Grade: 109 Salary: $17.64 – $25.57 PER HOUR|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by two years of experience in electrical, plumbing, and mechanical maintenance and repair work in the water and wastewater industry or closely related field. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.A valid South Carolina driver’s license is required and a water or wastewater treatment operator’s license is preferred.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of and skill in electrical, mechanical and plumbing maintenance.• Knowledge of the equipment, tools, materials and supplies used in maintenance.
• Knowledge of the terminology used within the water and wastewater industry.
• Knowledge of applicable occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling and basic math.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment, perform and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
• Ability to read and understand Auto Cad drawings and diagrams.
• Ability to work effectively despite occasional exposure to heat/cold odors, fumes, gases, smoke, noise, wetness, humidity, electric currents, machinery hazards, dust, vibrations, pathogenic substances, toxic agents, etc.
• Ability to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
• Ability to offer assistance to co-workers and other employees of other departments as required.
• Ability to learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency.
• Ability to read and interpret technical material pertaining to the responsibilities of the job.
• Ability to prepare required reports with accuracy and in a timely manner.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Repairs, lubricates, paints, and performs all necessary maintenance functions on pumps and equipment associated with water treatment operations, wastewater treatment operations and wastewater lift stations.• Maintains and repairs pumps, gear boxes, conveyor systems, belt presses and other equipment associated with the operation of the water plant, wastewater plant and lift stations.
• Inputs into a work order maintenance program; changes oils; greases cleaning equipment; maintains fire extinguishers and eye wash stations; changes belt hoses, light bulbs, and ballasts and other routine duties at plants.
• Draws, designs, and obtains materials for all painting and carpentry jobs done by plant maintenance such as remodeling kitchens, repainting all pumps, piping and offices.
• Maintains equipment by obtaining data to ensure all pumps and equipment are within specifications on factory specifications.
• Gathers data from test runs on equipment such as draw downs on pumps, tank volumes and capacity pump curves and relays data to supervisor.
• Operates hand and machine tools in repairing and maintaining pumps, motors, valves, plant machinery, light welding, and equipment; keeps records of spare parts.
• Performs minor electrical repairs on all pumps and equipment.
• Performs housekeeping duties on buildings and grounds, including general yard work as directed by supervisor.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
ON-CALL DUTY IS REQUIRED ON A ROTATING BASIS OCCASIONAL WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY WORK IS REQUIRED
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.