City of Rock Hill
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I (STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE) – PARKS, RECREATION & TOURISM (JOB NO. 071920)
|Position: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I (STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE) – PARKS, RECREATION & TOURISM (JOB NO. 071920)|
|Pay Grade: 105 Salary: $14.51 – $15.96 Per Hour (DOQ)|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school and considerable experience in laboring work, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance, repair, construction, lawn maintenance and care. The equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience may be considered.A valid driver’s license is required
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the types and uses of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in general maintenance, construction, and repair.• Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized equipment.
• Ability to lead and instruct unskilled and semiskilled workers.
• Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal/external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Performs routine maintenance on tools and equipment.• Confers with supervisor on new or revised work projects; assists in the preparation of cost estimates.
• Analyzes problems that arise on the job and recommends solutions.
• Participates in the maintenance and repair of plumbing and irrigation systems.
• Keeps various work records and prepares reports of assigned activities.
• Performs light carpentry and electrical maintenance and repair.
• Operates trucks, tractors and related construction equipment.
• Assists with special events as needed.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.