City of Rock Hill
LINE WORKER III – UTILITIES – ELECTRIC
|Position: LINE WORKER III – UTILITIES – ELECTRIC|
|Salary: $26.55 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
A high school diploma supplemented by course work in electricity; four years experience as a line worker including supervisory experience. CPR and first aid certified, and OSHA 1910.269 program qualified. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. Ideal candidate would have experience in the installation of underground cable plus experience in troubleshooting switching, locating and repairing underground circuits.A valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) is required.NOTE: Position Requires Rotating and Emergency Call Duty
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in high and low voltage overhead line construction, maintenance, and repair.• Considerable knowledge of the principles of electricity as related to line work; knowledge of industrial and commercial services (120/208, 277/480, 2400/4160 and 14400/24940 volts.)• Considerable knowledge of first-aid measures to be applied in the event of electrical shock.• General knowledge of construction materials; ability to use and understand construction specification manuals.• Knowledge of the occupational hazards of the trade and of adequate and necessary safety precautions.• Skill in the use and care of line worker tools and equipment.• Ability to lead a crew of skilled and unskilled subordinates.• Ability to keep work records and to prepare reports of work performed.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Supervises and participates in the work of line crews in the installation and repair of overhead primary and secondary lines; the installation of services; the installation and repair of transformers and other electric system equipment; the installation, repair, and maintenance of underground lines; and assures that work is done according to instructions and that proper safety precautions are observed.
• In the absence of an Electric Line Crew Supervisor, completes records of time, materials used and work performed; keeps adequate stock of materials, supplies and tools on truck and sees that equipment is properly serviced and maintained.
• Supervises and participates in making general electric repairs on other municipal systems and equipment.
• Investigates problems on trouble calls; inspects and tests systems and equipment and makes necessary repairs; refers unusual problems to supervisor.
• Properly installs transformer banks, reclosures, and capacitor banks.
• Installs, maintains, and operates pad-mounted switchgear.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.