City of Rock Hill
Grounds Maintenance Technician I
Position: Grounds Maintenance Technician I – PRT – Rock Hill Outdoor Center
Salary: Starting at $14.51 Per Hour
The purpose of this position within the organization is to perform general labor duties for the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department. This position will also work a schedule requiring evening and weekend shifts.
This position works under close supervision according to set procedures.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent.
Six months to one year of work experience required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
A valid Driver’s License is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes daily assignments from supervisor; performs various work depending on the assigned PRT location.
- Performs a variety of custodial and grounds keeping duties at assigned facilities; including but not limited to cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, stocking restrooms, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, removing trash and/or mowing, edging, string trimming, blowing leaves and debris, planting and caring for trees, shrubs, turf grass and flowers, etc.
- Assists with preparing facilities for sports programming, tournaments, cycling and special events; including but not limited to set-up, monitoring, break-down and other necessary duties as assigned.
- Operates and performs routine maintenance on a variety of equipment; including but not limited to vehicles, floor cleaning machines, blowers and/or mowers, field drags, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, edgers, chain and pole saws, etc.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the types and uses of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in general custodial, grounds, and/or construction maintenance.
- Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized equipment.
- Ability to understand and carry out specific oral instructions.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
This Notice is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. A more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities and essential job functions is available on the job description. The City of Rock Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), or age.