City of Rock Hill
Position: Financial Analyst – EUD
Salary: Starting at $26.55 Per Hour
Position Type: Full Time
Close Date: Until Filled
Minimum Training & Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or closely related field. Also, requires two to three years in government accounting, financial analysis, or closely related experience. Supplemented by two to three years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, budgets or financial analysis. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge and experience of public sector finance, budgeting and fund accounting.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting and financial management for non-profit corporations.
- Knowledge and experience related to real estate contracts and transactions.
- Ability to prepare and give public presentations with confidence and professionalism.
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and manages City budget for Economic and Urban Development Department.
- Manages financial activities of the Economic and Urban Development Department including processing and tracking of invoices, purchasing card expenditures, and overall budget status.
- Develops and manages financial activities of Rock Hill Economic Development Corporation (RHEDC) and Housing Development Corporation of Rock Hill (HDCRH) including but not limited to budget development; monthly management and reporting; and oversight of annual audit.
- Manages RHEDC and HDCRH accounts, funds, loans and grants.
- Manages receivables and payables for RHEDC and HDCRH.
- Manages other business activities of Rock Hill Economic Development Corporation such as:
- Organization and reporting of RHEDC Board meetings.
- Manages and archives business records of RHEDC: deeds, contracts, etc.
- Serves as staff liaison to the RHEDC Finance Committee
- Assists in the preparation of real estate contracts, fulfilling RHEDC responsibilities under those contracts and preparing information needed for closings.
- Performs analyses for decision-making projects and provides financial data in support of analyses.
- Develops revenue projections annually for preparation of the Economic and Urban Development Department budget.
- Prepares contracts and other agreements, in consultation with attorneys and other staff.
- Analyzes sensitive and complex administrative problems/processes and procedures.
- Coordinates collection, organization, and analysis of information and data; makes recommendations and prepares implementation plans.
- Supervises or oversees work of other employees related to the activities above.
- Performs administrative tasks and assignments as they arise.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
This Notice is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. A more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities and essential job functions is available on the job description. The City of Rock Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), or age.