City of Rock Hill
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR III – PUBLIC WORKS – STORMWATER – (JOB NO. 601920)
|Salary: $16.80 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and considerable experience and servicing of heavy road or related equipment. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
A valid Driver’s License is required. Must obtain Class A CDL permit within 3 months of hire and a Class A CDL license within 6 months of hire.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of operation and servicing of one or more types of heavy road and related construction equipment.• Knowledge of the traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in equipment operation.
• Skill in the operation and servicing of one or more types of heavy road equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately oral and written instructions.
• Ability to lead and instruct unskilled and semiskilled workers.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Operates loader, backhoe, and trencher in digging ditches and trenches for pipe.
• Reports equipment malfunction, checks mechanical status of equipment used and exercises precautions in operation; washes, services, and makes minor repairs and adjustments.
• Participates in maintenance and construction work related to assigned equipment or as directed.
• Supervises crew members in the supervisor’s absence.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.