City of Rock Hill
ENVIRONMENTAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN I – UTILITIES – MANCHESTER – (JOB NO. 6218)
|Position: ENVIRONMENTAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN I – UTILITIES – MANCHESTER – (JOB NO. 6218)|
|Salary: $17.64 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from a two or four-year accredited college or university with college level training in environmental science, chemistry, microbiology, water and wastewater or two years experience in an environmental laboratory. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. A valid driver’s license is required.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of basic laboratory skills.• Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant operations.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software.
• Ability to follow directions and perform functions and analysis from written, technical directions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to interpret environmental regulations.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations 24 hours per day.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Monitors, collects, and performs field and laboratory analyses on samples for NPDES permit, Industrial Pretreatment Program and process control for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
• Collects samples at off site locations whenever needed.
• Maintains field equipment, instrumentation, and vehicle(s); records for field instruments; maintains quality control/quality assurance.
• Troubleshoots samplers and sampling equipment.
• Distributes supplies and chemicals for laboratory.
• Assists with industrial pretreatment sampling.
• Maintains chain of custody and other records for samples.
• Prepares bottles and other supplies as needed.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.