City of Rock Hill
Crew Worker II
Position: CREW WORKER II – UTILITIES – WATER & SEWER – SEWER DIVISION (JOB NO. 461920)
Salary: $14.51 Per Hour
Position Type: Full Time
Close Date: Until Filled
Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and experience performing manual labor, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance, repair, or construction of water and/or sewer lines. Knowledge of pipefitting and plumbing is required. The equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience may be considered.
A valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) is preferred or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of geographical information systems.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
• Ability to follow oral or written instructions, read blueprints, diagrams, and sketches.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with members of the work crews and others having contact with the department, orally and in writing.
• Ability to use and apply independent judgment and discretion in handling daily work assignments and performing tasks in routine and non-routine situations.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations as related to map features and boundaries.
• Ability to maintain databases.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs analysis for the repair and maintenance of the sewer system.
• Analyzes problems that arise on the job and recommends solutions.
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections on equipment.
• Prepares work logs, required reports, and records.
• Develops work orders; assists in the correction of sewer maps.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
This Notice is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. A more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities and essential job functions is available on the job description.