City of Rock Hill
CREW WORKER II – UTILITIES – WATER DIVISION – (JOB NO. 1718)
|Position: CREW WORKER II – UTILITIES – WATER DIVISION – (JOB NO. 1718)|
|Salary: $14.51 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school and experience performing manual labor, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance, repair, or construction of water and/or sewer lines.Some knowledge of pipefitting and plumbing is helpful. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
A valid Driver’s License (Class A) is preferred or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized construction and maintenance equipment.
• Knowledge of the types and uses of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in general maintenance, construction, and repair.
• Ability to understand and carry out specific oral or written instructions.
• Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to obtain a “D” certification for Water Distribution Operator.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Maintains, repairs, and constructs water and sewer lines.
• Operates light trucks and mechanized equipment.
• Maintains and repairs water meters.
• Meets with customers; assists in resolving customer complaints regarding service.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.