City of Rock Hill
CREW WORKER II – UTILITIES – SEWER – (JOB NO. 5615)
|Position: CREW WORKER II – UTILITIES – SEWER – (JOB NO. 5615)|
|Salary: $14.51 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school or GED and experience performing manual labor, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance, repair, or construction of water and/or sewer lines. Knowledge of pipefitting and plumbing is required. The equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience may be considered.
A valid Carolina Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) is preferred or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of geographical information systems.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
• Ability to follow oral or written instructions, read blueprints, diagrams, and sketches.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with members of the work crews and others having contact with the department, orally and in writing. • Ability to use and apply independent judgment and discretion in handling daily work assignments and performing tasks in routine and non-routine situations.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations as related to map features and boundaries.
• Ability to maintain databases.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Performs analysis for the repair and maintenance of the sewer system.
• Analyzes problems that arise on the job and recommends solutions.
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections on equipment.
• Prepares work logs, required reports, and records.
• Develops work orders; assists in the correction of sewer maps.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.