City of Rock Hill
CREW WORKER I – PUBLIC WORKS – STORMWATER (JOB NO.11718)
|Position: CREW WORKER I – PUBLIC WORKS – STORMWATER – (JOB NO.11718)|
|Salary: $14.50 Per Hour|
|Position Type: Full Time|
|Close Date: Until Filled|
|Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and experience performing manual labor, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair of streets and water and sewer lines. The ability to operate light equipment such as a small track hoe is required. Sweeper experience is helpful. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
A valid South Carolina Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) is required. Must obtain Class A within 6 months of hire.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the types and uses of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in general maintenance, construction, and repair.
• Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized construction and maintenance equipment.
• Ability to understand and carry out specific oral or written instructions.
• Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Performs unskilled and limited semi-skilled tasks of a physically demanding nature.
• Works as a member of a storm maintenance crew doing such jobs as cleaning drainage structures and pipe system and cleaning debris from drainage ditch and channel.
• Digs out holes with manual and automatic digging tools; fills depressions with slag, gravel, or other materials; acts as a road crew worker on construction or repair projects.
• Operates trucks, air compressors, pumps, and related light public works equipment as a necessary part of normal duties; does concrete work; assists in installing signs and markers.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.