City of Rock Hill
CREW WORKER I – PARKS, RECREATION, & TOURISM (JOB NO. 201920)
|Minimum Training & Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent and experience in laboring work, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance, repair, construction, lawn maintenance and care. The equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience may be considered.A valid Driver’s License is required.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the types and uses of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in general maintenance, construction, and repair.
• Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized equipment.
• Ability to understand and carry out specific oral instructions.
• Willingness and ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal/external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Works as a member of a grounds maintenance crew; rakes leaves, cuts grass, prunes shrubs, sprays chemicals, weeds beds, and picks up trash.
• Operates trucks, tractors, mowers, and related grounds maintenance equipment.
• Plants and cares for trees, shrubs, turf grass, and flowers.
• Performs routine maintenance on tools and equipment.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.