City of Rock Hill
CREW LEADER – PUBLIC WORKS – STORMWATER (JOB NO. 9218)
Position: CREW LEADER – PUBLIC WORKS – STORMWATER (JOB NO. 9218)
Salary: $17.64-$25.57 Per Hour
Position Type: Full Time
Close Date: Until Filled
Minimum Training & Experience
Graduation from high school and considerable experience in the operation and servicing of heavy road or related equipment. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
A valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) is required.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of operation and servicing of one or more types of heavy road and related construction equipment.
• Knowledge of the traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in equipment operation.
• Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately oral and written instructions.
• Ability to lead and instruct unskilled and semiskilled workers.
• Skill in the operation and servicing of one or more types of heavy road equipment.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Supervises and participates in the operation of backhoe, mini-excavator, and other heavy equipment to re-cut ditches, lay storm drain pipes, and remove debris.
• Participates in the maintenance and construction work of assigned crew; instructs and trains crew members.
• Confers with supervisor on new or revised work projects; assists in the preparation of cost estimates.
• Analyzes problems that arise on the job and recommends solutions.
• Reports equipment malfunction, checks mechanical status of equipment used and exercises precautions in operation; washes, services, and makes minor repairs and adjustments.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.