City of Rock Hill
CLERK III – HOUSING AUTHORITY (JOB NO. 271920)
|Minimum Training & Experience
A high school diploma or GED and two years experience in general clerical work. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
• Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Ability to type 40 wpm with accuracy and meet the appropriate clerical testing standards.
• Ability to speak Spanish.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Greets and assists office visitors and/or customers. Answers the telephone; provides information as requested and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff person. Takes messages as needed.
• Receives requests for emergency and non-emergency maintenance work from customers and enters work order requests into a computerized work order information system; prepares, updates, closes, and accurately files completed work orders.
• Receives, reviews, records, and prepares work orders from inspection reports and accurately files annual inspection forms.
• Updates and maintains preventative maintenance schedule for all buildings and/or apartments.
• Interacts with outside vendors, such as exterminators, plumbers, electricians, etc. to assist in scheduling access to buildings and apartments.
• Issues supplies to maintenance personnel and records the issuance of supplies against work orders.
• Prepares reports, types, copies, files, composes notices, correspondence and memos, and distributes various records, as needed.
• Assists with various accounting work as required, including receiving and processing payments, preparing and closing out invoices, posting payments, performing end-of-month closing procedures, disbursing checks, posting customer charges, preparing purchase orders, etc.
• Assists Asset Managers and Occupancy Specialists with specialized clerical duties as required, including but not limited to processing applications, establishing tenant files, obtaining verifications, etc.
• Performs routine clerical/bookkeeping work as required, including but not limited to entering computer data, copying documents, filing/retrieving files, sending and receiving faxes, assembling materials, making appointments, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes etc.
• Assists at the front desk by answering telephone and greeting customers, visitors, and employees.
• Operates a variety of equipment which may include a computer, printer, typewriter, scanner, TDD machine, fax machine, copier, telephone, calculator, etc.
• Maintains a variety of office records involving moderately difficult routines and technical subject matter relative to maintenance operational procedures, inquiries and requests.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.