City of Rock Hill
Assistant to the City Manager
Position: Assistant to the City Manager
Salary: Starting at $30.73 Per Hour
Position Type: Full Time
Close Date: Until Filled
Minimum Training & Experience
Requires a Master’s Degree public administration or related field.
Two to five years of responsible administrative work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Preferred experience in local government or closely related experience.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Considerable proficiency in writing, editing, and presenting technical, persuasive, and creative copy for news releases, brochures, reports, and related print, broadcast, and electronic media.
- Considerable knowledge in process improvement techniques.
- Considerable ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Considerable ability to analyze spreadsheet data, discover trends, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct professional, technical, and administrative staff.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make sound decisions concerning public information transactions.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with various groups and individuals such as the City Manager, City Council, Deputy City Managers, other City department heads and personnel, co-workers, elected officials, various outside agencies and professionals, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to create and facilitate trainings, presentations, and other efforts.
- Ability to work an irregular schedule to include night meetings, weekend events, and periodic travel.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts assigned research and performs analytical support on behalf of City Management and the Office of Strategy Management.
- Develops recommendations on policies, programs, procedures, etc.
- Prepares staff reports, answers questions, or arranges for compilation of data to assist in the decision-making process.
- Finds and resolves inefficiencies at the macro-level throughout the organization through innovation, critical thinking and creativity.
- Support a culture of innovation through leading the Ignite Process Improvement training for city staff. This includes facilitation of process improvement efforts, trainings, workflows, etc.
- Develop and deploy additional tools to enhance the performance of City programs and efforts.
- Supports community engagement efforts on behalf of the City.
- Serves on special City committees and task forces.
- Updates benchmarking data.
- Develops and facilitates presentations for groups of stakeholders.
- Applies for national and local awards related to internal and external processes and outreach.
- Researches national standards and develops tasks to gauge the success of departments.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
This Notice is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job. A more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities and essential job functions is available on the job description. The City of Rock Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), or age.