Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of clinical services and advising the executive administration. Clinical services include nursing, laboratory, prenatal and clinical support.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. In consultation with the Director of Clinical Services, develops nursing objectives and facilitates the attainment of objectives for nursing responsibilities/duties.*
2. Assists the Director of Clinical Services in evaluating the effectiveness of nursing, lab and clinical support staff services.*
3. Recommends hiring, transfers, promotions and dismissal of all nursing, clinical support staff and lab personnel as indicated with Director of Clinical Services and Medical Director.*
4. Approves daily work assignments for the clinical support staff as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services.*
5. Plans and coordinates students nurse training in clinical areas with local programs.*
6. Conducts monthly nursing staff department meetings as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services.*
7. Handles clinical departmental personnel problems in consultation with administration and the Director of Clinical Services.*
8. Monitors tracking systems to include logs.*
9. Monitors patient flow to adhere to smooth and efficient operations.*
10. Responsible for medical supplies, medical pharmaceuticals and patient education supplies, inventory and purchasing.*
11. Maintains liaisons between nursing personnel, the Director of Clinical Services and the various clinical units to ensure coordination of effort to optimal patient care.*
12. Verifies all time sheets and requests for lab/nursing staff before submitting to administration and payroll.*
13. Assists in the preparation of Grant Application including departmental budgets and progress reports.*
14. Assists in the preparation of the UDS Report. Responsible for clinical tables.*
15. Responsible for inspection and calibration of medical equipment.*
16. Meets with staff to review schedule of physicians for times, off-site schedules, vacations, adjustments and the like.*
17. Responsible for the center’s patient education programs. Includes counseling and education of patients in most problematic areas such as, awareness of
illness/condition and being compliant with physician’s treatment plan. Meets with patient groups, schools, churches and civic organizations as needed.*
18. Responsible for the coordination of center staff in-services education/training and directs departmental orientation programs as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services.*
19. Plans nursing and education services with other health agencies to avoid duplication of services and improve the quality of care rendered.*
20. Assists in the development of patient satisfaction surveys.*
21. Coordinates annual staff evaluations with the Director of Clinical Services, however, all of nursing staff’s clinical skills is the direct responsibility of the Director of Clinical Services.*
22. Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures for front desk reception, patient registration, scheduling, and operator call center as related to clinical flow.*
23. Develops and administers front desk reception and call center procedures, policies, and standards to support achievement of organization’s objectives as related to clinical services.*
24. Collaborates with other members of management to maintain consistency of professional and courteous customer services throughout the organization.*
25. Assist in evaluation of front desk personnel production, revision of procedures, and development of new work methods to improve efficiency of workflow.*
26. Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.*
27. Prepares activities reports for guidance of management.*
28. Confers with perspective clients to explain type of services available and program.*
29. Answers questions, applying knowledge of organizations’ services to advise client and match services with client needs.*
30. Investigates clinical customer services complaints for clients.*
31. Examines pertinent information to determine accuracy of client complaint and to determine responsibility for errors.*
32. Participates in cross functional work relations that is targeted to resolve issues raised by clients.*
33. Recommends to management improvements in methods and procedures to prevent future complaints of similar nature.*
34. Ensures that customer services standards are met.*
35. Coordinates appointments between clients and appropriate providers/clinical services.*
36. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.*
Responsible for the direct supervision of all clinical support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of RN license. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred. At least five (5) years of experience as Head Nurse, Public Health Nurse or Family Care Nurse in which administrative, supervisory and teaching abilities have been demonstrated.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence, Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid SC license for RN required.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Basic nursing knowledge to include but not limited to preparing patients for physician visit, childhood and adult immunization requirements and routine protocols. Ability to administer injections and perform laboratory tests. Ability to remove staple or sutures as authorized by the SC Board of Nursing Scope of Practice. Ability to develop and maintain personable yet professional relationship with patients and staff is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly require to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Potential for rare exposure of blood borne disease (Category II) and chemical hazards (Category B)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occasionally you might be instructed to travel away from your primary work site to work at another site. Please be reminded that you are an employee of Community Medicine Foundation, Inc., and you are expected to be available to work at any of the locations. Personal extenuating circumstances that would prohibit you from traveling to another site may be taken into consideration.