Performs professional accounting and administrative work to ensure timely and accurate reporting in the areas of daily operations and season passes, to complete all treasury requirements, to supervise concession contract tracking and payment calculation, and to complete and/or supervise account reconciliations in the areas of deferred revenue and credit card receivables, under limited supervision. Supervises the work of assigned seasonal accounting clerks. Performs related professional work as required.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and/or Resort Accounting and any related functions.
- Oversees the preparation and processing of the daily operations report and any other operating reports required by the park or Corporate.
- Manages report preparation personnel, schedules, and processes; reviews and balances daily reports and distributes reports to management staff; supervises and reviews related recordings to the general ledger.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly journal entries. Reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for inventory reconciliations.
- Reconciles bank accounts and credit card account and processes requests for chargebacks.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other park administrators and staff, subordinates, vendors, financial institutions, customers, etc.
- Assists with directing the work of an Accounting Assistant.
- Processes and oversees mailroom functions and assists Accounting Manager with proper document retention and storage.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What are we looking for?
- At Least 21 Years of Age
- Associate’s Degree (2 year College or Tech School)
- 5 – 7 Years Related Experience Accounting or related field Accounting or related field
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control processes, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, general ledger, and daily bookkeeping procedures.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook, and other accounting or operating systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.