Cedar Fair, Carowinds
The Sous Chef is responsible for serving as the point contact between Park Foods production and Central productions. Develops all relevant documentation for establishing pars, ordering agenda, input on menu selection, staff training with focus on cross-utilization of product and staff. Performs related administrative, supervisory, analytical and professional tasks as required.
- Ensures standards of quality and presentation are met for all locations while controlling production, waste and spoilage.
- Creates and manages schedule based on budgeted attendance and business needs.
- Ensures that staff is well trained and follows all safety and sanitation standards and in compliance will all local, state and federal laws.
- Develops and implements menu items, recipes and product presentation and introduces standards of quality with presentation.
- Performs ordering while maintaining inventory levels. Prepares annual budgets and monitors progress of budget plans.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains divisional staff as needed.
- Ensures the availability of all needed materials and equipment for efficient operation of the department/division.
- Adheres to and enforce all Carowinds policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrate a commitment to guest service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED with 6-10 years related experience in Culinary.
- Ability to manage multiple facilities, foods and logistics distribution development.
- Knowledge of knives, major kitchen equipment and bakery and pastry work.
- Understanding of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Driver’s license required.