RIDES ATTRACTION SUPERVISOR
Build a career in the amusement industry while leading an elite squad of ride operators dedicated to providing Carowinds Guests with world class thrills, fun and family entertainment. This year round work will include the opportunity to learn other aspects of the business through cross-training and professional development programs.
Attraction supervisors plan, direct and oversee the aspects of ride operations for a certain attraction or small number of attractions. They’re responsible for training, coaching and enforcing policies and procedures for both seasonal ride operations staff and the full-time ride operators. They maintains high level of guest engagement at their attraction and are responsible for scheduling of team members as well as overall cleanliness of attraction.
Benefits include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, free admission to all Cedar Fair parks and much more!
- Ensures all duties in all ride locations are performed in a safe manner and by established guidelines.
- Partners with line managers to identify skill/knowledge gaps and identify training needs.
- Maximizes the level of guest satisfaction, including excellent quality of service, and ability to resolve guest concerns.
- Test equipment daily before opening the ride to guests.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of rides to include small children and guests with disabilities.
- Verify that safety restraints and belts are correctly secured before the ride is set into motion. Record ride capacity and cycles.
- Enforce ride restrictions and recommendations including delivering spiels and directions to guests. Gives directions to guests regarding safety and operation of the ride.
- Observes the ride attraction for safety malfunctions/infractions while the ride is in transit.
- Notifies location supervisor of any malfunctions or special situations.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Supervises up to 50 associates.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lead associates to achieve department and division goals.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity of Microsoft Office Products.
- Good communication skills, especially for dealing with other departments and park guests.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- International Ride Operator Trainer Certification preferred, or ability to earn.