Cedar Fair, Carowinds
MANAGER SPECIAL EVENTS
The Manager Special Events will oversee and direct the operation of food service/guest service for special events in the park.
- Oversee catered events.
- Schedule banquet service personnel.
- Hire and train banquet personnel.
- Assign specific tasks or services.
- Ensure that safety and sanitation codes are followed.
- Inventory, procurement, transfers, and storage of supplies and equipment.
- Reviews seating diagrams/ maps for acceptability and accuracy.
- Resolve guests’ concerns, inquiries, and complaints.
- Communicate with culinary team on menu needs.
- Monitors food service to limit food waste or contamination.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the dining facilities at all times.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, includinginitiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelinesand requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in EmployeeGuidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to complete Food and Beverage training program and pass SafeServ.
- Non‑slip shoes.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.