MAINTENANCE – CONTROL ELECTRICIAN RIDES (FULL TIME)
Responsible for installing, inspecting, maintaining and performing electrical repairs of park rides, ensuring efficient and safe operations at all times according to Carowinds standards. Assists in ride mechanical maintenance as required. Performs technical duties as required.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, rebuilds and inspects ride electrical systems and components for proper operation according to Carowinds standards. Assists in troubleshooting and maintaining mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Inspects and evaluates rides for proper function, detects and investigates any malfunctions or irregularities and notifies supervisor of any safety concerns. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions using electrical schematic charts, computers, programmable logic controllers, test equipment and meters. Responsible for completing required documentation on check-outs, preventive maintenance, updates/changes, etc.
- Receives and reviews various records and reports including ride manuals and updates, ride electrical programs and diagrams, technical manuals, computer manuals, operating schedules, check-out sheets, work orders, vehicle maintenance check sheets, operational downtime sheets, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Ensures rides are maintained according to manufacturers, Carowinds and Department of Labor guidelines to ensure the safety of ride operation and guests.
- Assists with various other maintenance duties as required including landscaping, welding, carpentry, plumbing, construction, pest and animal control.
- Assists emergency personnel in emergency evacuation procedures, providing training to the staff, ride operators and technicians.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience in industrial electrical maintenance work, or a school equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Themed amusement park experience a plus.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Driver’s license required.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to read electrical schematic charts, technical manuals and diagrams, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with tools, two-way radio, various office and shop equipment, welding equipment, hand and power tools, heavy rigging, machinery, and heavy equipment, which may include forklift, genie lift, boom truck, lathe, milling machine, steam cleaner, etc.
- Ability to climb and work at heights up to 330 feet.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment including steel toed shoes, fall protection equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and overtime.