Cedar Fair, Carowinds
LOCATION MANAGER – ENTERTAINMENT OPERATIONS
Responsible for assisting in the management of all technical aspects of the Live Entertainment Department. This position supervises the performance of seasonal managers and associates ensure the safe and efficient technical install, set-up, and production in regards to all shows and events. High levels of self-motivation, leadership and development, initiative, multi-tasking and time management are essential.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, install, and production of all lighting, sound, and technical aspects of shows and events.
- Supervises subordinate seasonal management staff; supervisory duties include, instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new associates; acting on associate problems; motivating associates; recommending and approving associate promotions, transfers and discipline, and recommending discharge.
- Recruits, hires and trains seasonal associates to maintain optimal staffing levels throughout the operating season and within budget.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to guest service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct a managerial staff. Must be able to apply supervisory and managerial concepts and principles; knowledge of administrative principles involved in developing, directing and supervising various programs and related activities.
- Knowledgeable in modern lighting and sound design equipment and tools.
- Strong communication skills required to interact with park management, subordinates, guests, vendors, etc. to maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to make sound, educated decisions. Reacts calmly and quickly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency.
- Knowledgeable in modern office practices and technology; proficient in the use of computers for work and data processing.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, Previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience.
- Driver’s License Required.