Cedar Fair, Carowinds
Staff Auditors are involved in planning, performing, and reporting on financial and operational audits at the park, under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager. The positions offers the chance to acquire a great deal of audit, accounting, and business experience, while working in a fun and professional atmosphere. You will benefit from exposure to all levels of company management and to the daily operation of our company. Assignments include Sarbanes/Oxley testing for our Big 4 external public accountants, testing the controls of various park operating cycles (Revenue, Cash, Accounting and Computer Systems, Payroll, Purchasing & Expenditures, Inventory, etc.), plus other projects.
- Help plan for audits or analyses with Internal Audit management if necessary.
- Preliminary Job Description Process audits or analyses relating to Sarbanes Oxley processes, if necessary.
- Process audits or analyses relating to operational and financial controls.
- Review all prior year work papers when performing an audit or analysis.
- Help conclude on audits or analyses based on sample testing.
- Help conduct confidential investigations of potential problems at the direction of Executive Officers.
- Create audit or analysis reports to management for each audit performed.
- Present all audit or analysis reports, work papers, problems and recommendations to Internal Audit management for review before disclosing them to audited managers. Present necessary audit or analysis reports to the person in charge of the Finance
- Department or Operational Department for review before disclosing them to park management. Communicate department suggested audits and issues to Internal Audit management.
- Help investigate and recommend solutions to any problems found during audits or analyses.
- Help convey audit or analysis problems and recommendations to audited management.
- Help maintain an approach of goodwill and cooperation between Internal Audit management and all other departments.
- Help review and track trends in departments for possible policy violation or misappropriation.
- Complete and maintain paperwork flow in an efficient manner.
- Help monitor compliance with all park and department policies, plans, and procedures.
- Monitor and test for compliance with federal and state laws.
- Help coordinate efforts of the internal audit function with those of the company’s independent public accountants, if necessary. Perform all other assigned special duties.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions. Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision. Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge College Accounting or Finance major preferred, but not required.
- Prior internship experience preferred, but not required.
- Preliminary Job Description Prior audit (internal or external) experience preferred (internship or classes), but not required.
- Familiarity with accounting software preferred (JD Edwards, AS400), but not required.
- Prior amusement park experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to calculate and neatly record all necessary paperwork. Communication, Guest Service, Teamwork and Integrity Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to use professional grammar when creating documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak before large groups of people. Quality of Work, Productivity and Initiative Ability to process more than one task or one audit at a time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Must be highly motivated. Attendance and Dependability Ability to be on time and complete all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays to meet business needs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to understand English at a level sufficient to receive and perform basic job assignments and instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
Education: Some College
Experience: No Prior Experience Necessary
Minimum Age: At Least 18 Years of Age
- Must be a college sophomore at a minimum.
- College GPA must be a 3.0 or higher.
- Must have completed at least one course in Accounting.
- Must be familiar with professional office software (Word and Excel) required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.