HOTEL OPERATIONS MANAGER
As the Operations Manager of the 130 room SpringHill Suites you will be a supporting role to the General Manager with various responsibilities ranging from managing the Front Desk and Food & Beverage operation, supporting the Housekeeping and Building Maintenance managers, administrative support to providing an exceptional guest and team member experience while being 110% dedicated to making FUN happen!
- Take initiative in maintaining company and brand reputation and dedication to safety, service, courtesy, cleanliness and integrity
- Demonstrate a commitment to exceptional guest service and team member engagement to create memorable stay experiences
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player that works well in a team setting, fast paced environment, but also works well independently.
- Able to provide working leadership and high visibility to promote a strong performance and service culture. Model service behaviors in all interactions with guest and team members expected of the team
- Promote teamwork and good working relationships and communication between departments
- Review and respond to guest surveys and feedback, identify areas of improvement and take necessary action.
- Take the lead in conflict resolution to ensure all employee and guest concerns and complaints are addressed, guest compensation given when necessary.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and lead department leaders and team members
- Scheduling according to forecasted occupancy and budget, adjust staffing levels as needed. Ultimately responsible for covering shifts not covered by the team.
- Performance management including disciplinary action.
- Strive to maintain and improve company policies and brand standards
- Ensure that all team members are trained according to brand service steps to provide seamless front desk operation and excellent guest service
- Help maximize revenues by controlling room inventory and securing reservations, supports sales & marketing efforts
- Review daily, weekly, monthly reporting and take necessary action to resolve any operational concerns
- Manage controllable costs in purchasing supplies, monitoring labor expenses to deliver an efficient and profitable operation
- Ensure team follows loss prevention guidelines to protect safety and security of guest and guest information
- Ensure that the team is trained properly and adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures in compliance with all state codes/regulations and brand standards and minimize guest and employee accidents
- Adhere to and enforce all Carowinds Park specific policies and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience as AGM or Front Office Manager experience required
- 2 year degree or higher required
- Previous Marriott experience preferred
- Passionate about creating an exceptional guest and associate experience
- F&B experience required for limited breakfast service and full bar service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills needed
- Self-motivated, outcome oriented and results focused
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays according to business demand
- Ability to pass mandatory (and/or random) drug screen per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass background screen if 18 years of age or older which may include but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references per company policy unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.