HOTEL – LAUNDRY ATTENDANT
- Receive and sort soiled linen into appropriate containers.
- Process sorted linen utilizing the washers, dryers, sheet, press, and feeder/folders ensuring finished product is inspected and meets brand standards in cleanliness and condition.
- Work with laundry chemicals in accordance with all safety guidelines listed on the MSDS sheets. Wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Package and distribute clean and folded linen to storage closets utilizing rolling carts.
- Collect dirty linen from housekeeping carts when necessary
- Maintain laundry room in a clean and safe condition, notify supervisor of malfunctioning equipment, supplies needed, damaged linens, to ensure laundry operation is running at maximum efficiency level. Crosstrain in rooms to support room attendants when needed
- Adhere to Company uniform and attendance policies
- Adhere to Company code of conduct
- Proudly represent the brand and company
- Other duties may be assigned by Management
- No prior experience required
- Previous hotel, laundry or linen service experience a plus
- Must be comfortable around heavy duty machinery
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push and pull up to 50lbs
- Able to work morning and evening shift, weekends and holidays
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment, good time management
- Able to work independently but also as a team
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references per company policy unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.