HOTEL – HOUSEMAN
What will I be doing ?
You’ll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role.
OverviewThe Houseman requires an approachable, friendly and polished demeanor with a guest focus mindset. As Houseman you will create a warm & welcome atmosphere throughout the hotel by maintaining clean and safe public spaces and delivering guest request. You will support the Housekeeping and Laundry Team and stay in good with all other departments to ensure the guest are well cared for and have a memorable stay experience while visiting the Carolinas!
- Have a warm and welcoming personality that can engage with guest and genuinely provide exceptional guest service and perform service recovery when needed.
- Perform routine troubleshooting for in-room issues and accommodate guest request
- Take immediate and necessary steps to correct any safety hazards and cleanliness issues according to brand standard and hotel policy
- Maintain cleanliness of lobby, meeting room, restrooms, fitness center and all public spaces throughout shift (Sweep, mop, vacuum lobby, empty all trash cans)
- Clean windows/doors as needed
- Organize patio/pool deck furniture, set or remove cushions based on weather, empty trash
- Walk the parking lot and maintain clean and safe grounds
- Carpet cleaning
- Assist in guest room preventative maintenance program
- Complete trash and linen runs for the Room Attendants
- Stock and organize supplies
- Assist with inventory control
- Adhere to Company uniform and attendance policies
- Adhere to Company code of conduct
- Proudly represent the brand and company
- Other duties may be assigned by Management
- HSD or equivalent required
- Previous hotel experience preferred
- Previous Marriott experience a plus
- Must have great people skills and spirit to serve
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform physical and repetitious tasks including pushing, pulling, lifting and gripping.
- Able to work third shift, weekends and holidays
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Have independent problem solving skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to handle guest request and complaints
- Ability to remain calm during emotionally charged situations
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references per company policy unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.