HOTEL HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR FULL TIME
As the Housekeeping Supervisor you will support the Housekeeping Manager in leading the housekeeping team in overall cleanliness and upkeep of 130 guest rooms, public areas and grounds keeping of the hotel with attention to detail and perfection so we can create memorable stay experiences for our guest visiting the Carolinas!
You will support training, development and consistent best practices in compliance with brand standards, complete assigned administrative tasks related to the housekeeping and laundry operation promote teamwork amongst all departments while learning, growing and having FUN!
- Create a memorable arrival and departure experience by being warm, friendly, hospitable, helpful and knowledgeable of the property offerings and area
- Responsible for opening, turning and closing the house in accordance to brand standard and in a timely manner
- In charge of the housekeeping operation in absence of the Housekeeping Manager
- Complete daily inspections of all areas of guest-rooms in accordance with brand standards.
- Inspect and maintain clean and safe and enjoyable environment in all public areas including lobby, meeting room, restrooms, guest hallways, fitness center, outdoor patio and pool deck and back of house.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager in facilitating housekeeping section of brand standards audit, health department and AAA inspections
- Manage lost and found and respond to guest inquires
- Report and follow up on maintenance request to ensure everything in perfect working order
- Respect guest privacy and security, record DND rooms
- Maintain guest room general clean process and work with maintenance on PM process
- Maintain cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with brand standard and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to management.
- Work with laundry chemicals in accordance with all safety guidelines listed on the MSDS sheets. Wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Maintain open communication with other departments to prepare for the guests arrival, special needs and request.
- Solve guest related concerns in a positive and professional manner by following Marriott’s guest recovery process
- Be able to fill in for room attendant, laundry attendant and houseman position when needed
- Maintain property key control
- Manage linen & terry, guest supplies inventory, assist Housekeeping Manager with placing orders
- Assist in other departments when needed
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by following hotel protocol. Facilitate fire and life safety procedures
- Adhere to Company uniform and attendance policies
- Adhere to Company code of conduct
- Proudly represent the brand and company
- Other duties assigned
- Charismatic attitude and spirit to serve
- Must be self-motivated and value leadership
- Ability to operate a computer and learn the property management system ( FOSSE)
- Previous housekeeping experience in hospitality required
- Previous Marriott experience a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and take ownership, good time management skills
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving skills with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle guest request and complaints, take payments and give necessary compensation and refunds
- Ability to remain calm during emotionally charged situations related to guest and employees
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references per company policy unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law