What will I be doing ?
You’ll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role.
OverviewAs a Room Attendant at Springhill Suites by Marriott, you ensure the guest checks into an immaculately cleaned room. You’ll ensure our guests feel at home and at ease in the comfort of their hotel rooms. You will also learn to regularly give memorable service to each guest you encounter.
- Have a warm and welcoming personality that can engage with guest and genuinely provide exceptional guest service and perform service recovery when needed.
- Clean and maintain all areas of guest-rooms including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, fixtures, removing dirty linen & terry and replacing all used guest amenities, dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, mopping floors and adding a personal touch to provide excellent housekeeping service.
- Complete standard room assignments in compliance with time and productivity standards
- Collect and label lost and found items, turn in daily
- Report maintenance request to ensure everything in perfect working order
- Respect guest privacy and security
- Complete guest room deep cleans and special projects as assigned
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with brand standard and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to management.
- Work with laundry chemicals in accordance with all safety guidelines listed on the MSDS sheets. Wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Adhere to Company uniform and attendance policies
- Adhere to Company code of conduct
- Proudly represent the brand and company
- Other duties may be assigned by Management
- No prior experience required
- Previous hotel, laundry or linen service experience a plus
- Must be comfortable around heavy duty machinery
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push and pull up to 50lbs
- Able to work morning and evening shift, weekends and holidays
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment, good time management
- Able to work independently but also as a team
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test per company policy unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references per company policy unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.