FULL TIME RIDE OPERATOR
Start your career in the amusement industry as part of an elite squad dedicated to providing Carowinds Guests with world class thrills, fun and family entertainment. This year round work will include the opportunity to learn other aspects of the business through cross-training and professional development programs.
Ride operators are responsible for the proper operation of their assigned location, enforcing ride rules, handling Guest situations and maintaining the cleanliness of ride, ride area and area of responsibility.
Benefits include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, free admission to all Cedar Fair parks and much more!
- Ensures all duties in all ride locations are performed in a safe manner and by established guidelines.
- Test equipment daily before opening the ride to guests.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of ride to include small children and guests with disabilities.
- Verify that safety restraints and belts are correctly secured before the ride is set into motion. Record ride capacity and cycles.
- Enforce ride restrictions and recommendations including delivering spiels and directions to guest. Gives directions to guests regarding safety and operation of the ride.
- Observes the ride attraction for safety malfunctions/infractions while the ride is in transit.
- Notifies supervisor of any malfunctions or special situations.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision. Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures. Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- 0-2 years related experience
- International Ride Operator Certification preferred, or ability to earn
- Good communication skills, especially for dealing with other departments and park guests.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.