FULL TIME IRRIGATION TECH
Responsible for all aspects of installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of irrigation equipment, irrigation systems and small pumps.
- Assists in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of simple and moderately complex irrigation systems including irrigation timers, irrigation piping and valves.
- Operate irrigation equipment including skid steer, backhoe, hand tools and wear steel toe safety shoes.
- Reads diagrams and blueprints to lay out and locate irrigation valves, timers and wiring. Locates, excavates and repairs or replaces damaged or malfunctioning equipment. Tests completed irrigation systems for proper functioning of valves and timers.
- Maintains proper inventory to ensure supply of necessary parts and equipment is available. Follows proper storage requirements of equipment and supplies.
- Documents preventative maintenance, repairs, and installations and check outs of file record. Follows established accounting procedures for documenting expenses.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Makes recommendations based on new guidelines.
- Maintains clear, concise and specific lines of communication between management, associates and other departments.
- Assist in other areas such as landscaping and washdown to maintain and improve the overall esthetics of the park.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Two years experience in the irrigation maintenance field or technical school experience.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, especially for dealing with the public and associates.
- Working knowledge of simple mathmatical functions to measure and mix chemicals.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.