FULL TIME FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Carowinds has openings for year-round, full time Food & Beverage Operations Supervisors in Charlotte, North Carolina. This position supervises daily food operations within the Park, including restaurants, concession carts, and special events.
- Trains, develops, supervises, and schedules, staff with appropriate documentation.
- Monitors and takes action to ensure operation remains within budget guidelines.
- Monitors that all safety procedures are followed in the area.
- Ensures that all work, guest, storage, and service areas are cleaned in timely manner, and meet local and state sanitation guidelines.
- Completes administrative paperwork (i.e. time sheets, schedules, labor reports, evaluations, and associate file documents) as required by department.
- Controls costs associated with the area, i.e., food cost, labor cost.
- Ensures proper cash control and cash register operations.
- Understands and demonstrates proficiency in operational tasks, service/production flow, equipment cleaning and usage, and menu items in the location.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year experience in food & beverage supervision
- Must be able to complete Food and Beverage training program and pass SafeServ.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.