CASH SERVICES AREA MANAGER
Under limited supervision, ensures the efficient and smooth operation of the cash services area and daily cash operations reporting. Oversees numerous other accounting functions as assigned. Supervises subordinate seasonal staff as assigned. Performs related supervisory and professional work as required.
- Oversees and participates in the efficient and smooth operation of the cash services area and daily cash operations reporting.
- Supervises duties of assigned seasonal staff. Supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new personnel; acting on associate problems; and recommending associate discipline and discharge.
- Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers training, advice and assistance as needed.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures related to the cash services operations.
- Ensures cash is adequately safeguarded and that there are sufficient controls over cash movement.
- Reviews and administers the reporting of daily operating results.
- Orders and supervises the inventory control and distribution of all tickets, season passes and scrip stock.
- Assists departments in enforcing proper cash handling procedures.
- Assists in preparing the operating plan and budget; monitors and takes action to ensure operations remain within budget guidelines.
- Works in Cash Services as Manager on Duty as required.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records.
- Performs general administrative/office work as required, including but not limited to conducting and attending various meetings, reviewing mail and literature, entering computer data and producing spreadsheets, preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, faxing information, answering the telephone, etc.
- Receives and reviews various records and reports including operations reports, employment reports, season pass reports, financial reports, credit/cash reports, etc.
- Prepares and/or processes weekly business summaries, operations reports, spreadsheets, memos, correspondence, routine reports, check requests, purchase orders, etc.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as a computer, printer, copier, calculator, fax machine, two-way radio, pager, coin machine, currency counting machine, coin wrapper & telephone.
- Requires a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance supplemented by three to five years of responsible accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.