Cedar Fair, Carowinds
AREA MANAGER – WATERPARK
Under limited supervision, plans, directs and oversees the overall operation of Aquatics. Performs related administrative, supervisory, analytical and professional tasks as required.
- Oversees the water park operation, including selection, training (NPWLTP – Supervisors, Lifeguard training, Facility training, In-Service and Safety training), discipline and recognition of staff. Controls the performance and efficiency of supervisory staff as measured by capacity where applicable and completion of tasks and procedures in a logical and timely manner. All conducted with adherence to Cedar Fair and Ellis safety standards and procedures.
- Prepares accurate operating plan and budget for the water park. Monitors and takes action to ensure the operation remains within budgetary guidelines. Analyzes operating reports, making adjustments to ensure cost efficiency while maintaining operational and service standards.
- Monitors Water Park equipment and supplies to ensure that staff can perform their duties to Cedar Fair operational, service, and safety standards. Orders/purchases equipment and supplies as needed following Cedar Fair accounting and documentation procedures.
- Maximizes the level of guest satisfaction, including excellent quality of service, as well as waterpark and attraction cleanliness through monitoring and associate training.
- Moves throughout water park regularly to maintain awareness of total operation. Handles and/or assists in emergency situations that may occur.
- Communicates and collaborates with Carowinds management as well as management counterparts at other Cedar Fair entities to review existing policies and standards, develop new procedures and standards as needed, and ensure consistent understanding and application. Act as a liaison with outside contractors and consultants; develop and maintain working relationships with outside vendors including Ellis & Associates, ensuring lifeguarding practices are commensurate with Ellis and Associates protocols.
- Adheres to and enforce all Carowinds policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrate a commitment to guest service in all aspects of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college or university)
- Ellis and Associates, NPWLTP Instructor certificate required.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- CPO or AFO training a plus
- Demonstrated experience in Aquatics field and must be familiar with safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Must work well under pressure and in adverse weather conditions.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity of spreadsheets, word processing.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills. Attention to detail. Must have effective interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, especially for dealing with the public and managing a large volume of associates.
- Demonstrated supervision, management and accounting skills.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Driver’s license required.