Cedar Fair, Carowinds
AREA MANAGER – SAFETY
Supervises First Aid operation, inspects and recommends corrective action for fire prevention and response and health sanitation requirements established by Carowinds and/or governmental standards. Performs related administrative, supervisory, analytical and professional tasks as required.
- Selects, trains, directs, schedules, evaluates and disciplines staff with appropriate documentation. Provides team with necessary information and tools to effectively perform their duties. Maintains clear, concise and specific lines of communication between management, associates and other departments. Conducts and evaluates training on meeting established guidelines, codes and procedures on fire and occupational health issues.
- Supervises and monitors the inspection and documentation of buildings, rides and departments to comply with established standards, procedures and codes to include Carowinds fire, safety and health standards; federal, state and county regulations, sanitation regulations, environmental compliance and occupational health regulations. Makes decisions and takes appropriate action at critical phases. Reports immediately and plans course of action with supervision in the event of deviation. Advises Management of violations detected during investigations, recommends approved corrective action and follow up to ensure violation has been corrected. Monitors work practices to ensure associates are complying with established standards, codes and procedures. Assists with evacuation and emergency response. Coordinates outside responses with fire area per policy. Performs respirator fit testing and training, coordinates OSHA testing.
- Assembles data including fire and/or health information, makes appropriate calculations, prepares written and statistical draft of procedures, calculations and presents to supervisor. Maintains documentation and completes reports required for internal and external purposes. Ensures necessary first aid documentation is forwarded to properly process and handle claims. Works with Park Management, Corporate Risk Management, Legal Representatives and Insurance companies to resolve Worker Compensation and General Liability claims.
- Monitors and takes actions to ensure operation remains within budget guidelines and follows established accounting procedures in documenting expenses. Assists in new product research, review and testing of maintenance equipment, supply ordering and inventory control. Prepares, updates and monitors fire, first aid policy and budget.
- Assists outside agencies and auditors on inspections (state and county fire marshals, county fire inspectors, etc.). DEHNR inspectors, DHEC inspectors, follows up on recommendations and takes appropriate actions to adhere to recommendations.
- Responds to and takes appropriate action to resolve medical concerns and complaints from guests and associates. Handles call-ins from parents, injured parties, etc. Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Adheres to and enforce all Carowinds policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrate a commitment to guest service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Associate degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Fire/Rescue Science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience at a supervisory or leadership level in industrial safety and hygiene construction safety and hygiene fire prevention and /or emergency medical service.
- Requires a current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Current NC or SC EMT certification is preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Familiarity with fire prevention and response.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills. Attention to detail. Must have effective interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, especially for dealing with the public and managing a large volume of associates.
- Demonstrated supervision, management and accounting skills and familiarity with spreadsheets and word processing experience.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Driver’s license required.