Britax Technical Writer – Full-Time, Perm
**This position works in the office daily. No relocation assistance provided**
Create and maintain technical documentation for product labeling, instruction manuals, user guides, and other technical documentation for print according to corporate and regulatory requirements. Manage the writing, editing, and revising of all technical and user documentation. Prepare “Press Ready” versions of documents and transmit the information to suppliers in a manner that ensures only current, approved revisions are provided. Work closely with cross-functional teams and provide support to all projects to ensure delivery is on time and within budget.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Ability to write, translate, and audit in English.
- Ensure accuracy, correct order, clarity, conciseness, adherence to regulatory requirements, consistent use of terminology, and correct grammar.
- Prepare multi-language product materials by obtaining certified translations and accurately incorporating them into controlled documents.
- Serve on project teams to ensure that product documents are completed and are in inventory when needed to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for the familiarity of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of operations and installation of juvenile products.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards of texts to meet business needs.
Skills and Attributes
- Creativity and latitude are expected.
- Must be able to translate technical information into user-friendly terminology.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing or related field.
- Three years+ of experience in Technical Writing or related field.
- Expert users of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in planning, researching, and writing skills.