- Responsible for the configuration, administration, operation, maintenance and security of all network infrastructure and components, such as routers, switches, appliances, servers (physical and virtual), storage arrays (flash and spin), wireless access points, etc.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures for device and server operations, such as server starts, restarts, services execution, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the HyperVisor and balancing VM execution across hosts.
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing technologies, such as optical scanners, bar code printers, thin clients and wireless access points
- Responsible for ensuring that the DR plan is properly implemented, operating correctly and works as planned to meet recovery point and recovery time objectives.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Ensure the global network is secure, operational and meets business up-time SLAs
- Ensure that DR guidelines are adequate and properly followed and that backups are always available for restoration to support business continuation
- Work with global infrastructure staff to support overall global network operations and respond to service tickets
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for all infrastructure components
- Work to establish and document best practice operations across the global infrastructure
- Work to create an environment of continuous improvement within the global infrastructure ecosystem
- Other duties as may be assigned by direct supervisor
Skills and Attributes
- Must have a deep and comprehensive understanding of global wide-area networking topology
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with others
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to discuss technical jargon in business terms
- Must be able to pose, debate and support infrastructure positions
- Must be available during non-standard business hours to provide support during global infrastructure emergencies and team meetings
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems & network administration in a Microsoft server environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in network edge and firewall device configuration and management
- Minimum 5 years of experience with network segment and subnet configuration
- Minimum 5 years of experience in DR planning and execution
- Minimum 5 years of experience updating firmware, operating systems, BIOS, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Microsoft cloud-based deployments and migration to Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a global infrastructure environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience Microsoft Office365 deployments and management
- Minimum 2 years Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server administration
- Microsoft certification in related areas preferred.