Credit & Collections Analyst
Manage the Credit and Collection function. Maintain accurate and detailed records of all customer deductions. Play the lead role in aggressively collecting deductions taken by customers.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Contact customers (sales reps) as required to collect past due invoices (verbal and written). On average, A/R aging should not exceed 20 days beyond terms. Goal is less than 15 days beyond terms.
- Research new customers and grow existing customer credit limits. Has the authority to set credit limits up to $5,000. Obtain Controller and VP Finance approval for larger limits.
- Maintain customer files with copies of signed customer agreements. Manage the new customer setup process.
- Daily review sales orders on hold, taking appropriate action. Contact customer to get past due items paid or release orders.
- Recommend accounts for credit card/CBD status. Communicate to sales, distribution, and customers.
- Assign accounts for collection and manage all communication with the collection agency.
- Research and resolve deductions (billing discrepancies, discounts, damages, returns, chargebacks). Aggressively collect deductions.
- Reconciling customer accounts.
- Work directly with sales department to provide customer information, billing resolutions, and dispute analysis.
- Back-up support to Staff Accountant – cash application, credit card processing (authorizations and settlements).
- Other tasks as directed by the Controller.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills, excellent hearing and satisfactory vision skills.
- Must be prepared to roll up the sleeves when necessary while being able to see the bigger picture.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills including but not limited to the creation and maintenance of pivot tables; use of vlookup and if/then function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent business experience.
- Three years previous credit and collection experience.