Business Intelligence Reporting Specialist
Responsible for partnering with business users to enable and empower them to make informed business decisions based on information from numerous data sources.
Responsible for educating and training business users in the proper and efficient use of Business Intelligence (BI), analytical and reporting tools.
Responsible for coordinating with the company’s Enterprise Data Architect to understand, develop, test and support data sources, such as data cubes, SQL Server database views, etc.
Responsible for understanding business requests, performing requirements gathering and working with business users to provide the proper solution.
Responsible for creating dashboards, reports and workbooks whenever necessary for modeling, training or production purposes.
Responsible for ensuring that all data posting (ETL) jobs execute properly and on schedule.
Responsible for building and maintaining self-service functions for business users to develop their own dashboards, reports or workbooks.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with business users to fully and correctly gather data requirements
- Communicate with business users as to risks, status, progress and completion forecasts
- Provide internally or coordinate training for business users for the various BI tools used by the company
- Ensure the security and privacy of information by exposing data to business users only according to their access levels
- Answer and address customer questions and concerns, as well as resolve customer issues relating to BI in an effective and efficient manner.
- Test data structures for accuracy, consistency and accessibility
- Monitor ETL jobs for completion, errors, exceptions, etc.
- Ensure technical documentation is created and maintained
- Manage open issues and change request in the service desk system and provide regular feedback to the business on the status of open issues and change requests.
Skills and Attributes
- Must possess strong communication skills, including active listening, concise verbal abilities and precise writing techniques
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to follow-up until issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the business user
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining clear direction and goals
- Must possess a positive and compassionate attitude with the ability to empathize with business user needs and sense of urgency
- Must have 3 years of experience in a formal BI role
- Must have 3 years of experience working with EACH of the following; BI dashboards, data cubes, Microsoft SQL database views and Excel
- Must have 3 years of experience working with Power BI.
- Must have 3 years of experience working with SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- Must have 3 years of experience in business empowerment and self-service portals
- Must have 3 years of experience working with business users on requirements gathering
- Must have 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or greater
- Experience with businesses with manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations
- Working knowledge of Evidanza
- Working knowledge of cloud-based data storage and retrieval
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Physical Requirements: Must have good oral and written communication skill and satisfactory vision and hearing skills, with or without correction